Last year when we moved to Northeast Nebraska one of the first things I did was start searching for things to do with a two year old. I finally got to take a break from teaching and I wanted to get out and do things with my little one in tow. So, I headed straight to the internet to do some Googling (of course) and I talked to and asked questions of anyone I knew. After being here for a full year, we’ve found a few places that are tried and true easy places and activities to take a little one.
- Head to a local dance studio. Most have classes for littles in their schedule.
- Kindermusik with Ms. Greta in Norfolk.
- Norfolk Arts Center Toddler Art Classes
- Storytime at any of the local libraries.
- YMCA classes for littles:
Soccer, t-ball, swimming, gymnastics
- Check out the Elkhorn Valley Museum Discovery Zone children’s area. They also have toddler age classes a few times a month.
- Tumble Tykes class at JLS Fitness in Clarkson.
- Ruffhouse in Fremont.
- Head to one of the many area parks.
- Horn T. Zoo in Monroe
There are also some seasonal options we found fun including a few Touch a Truck Events, Trunk of Treat Events, Horse Racing in Columbus (the kids enjoy seeing horses), the pumpkin patches and apple orchards, the Christmas tree farms, county fairs, and the state wildlife areas and parks.
Of course you’ll have to do a little digging to check schedules and times, but these are the places I would tell any new mom to look into with a kiddo in the zero to 3 age range.